Why I Write
I decided to join Medium to give myself an outlet. A way to express my thoughts and get them out in the world. This is therapeutic, healthy and totally selfish. I hope that you can join my journey of growth and self-discovery.
We live in a world headed to toward a reckoning. It’s time to for us as a society to take a hard look in the mirror and slap ourselves. Humans are supposed to be the pinnacle of evolution, yet we seem to be regressing. I did need an outlet, but not to sound smart, but to hopefully start a discussion. I am realistic. Chances are I will rarely post, no one will ever read, and most comments will either be ED ads or 101 ways to call me stupid. So be it.
What I know to be true:
- Humor is more convincing than facts.
- Facts are more convincing that writing something in ALL CAPS.
- Being uncomfortable leads to growth — so suck it up.
- Being irrational is natural — being an asshole is a choice.
- I don’t care what you ‘heard’ if you can’t back it up.
- This list is incomplete.
So I hope you enjoy my posts. If you don’t, I will definitely spend all night crying. Don’t make a grown man cry.